intro

Freelance Makeup Artist. Feminist. & Future Humanitarian.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.--Muriel Strode

July 28, 2010

Nneka is a supreme Individual.





Nneka Egbuna is a unique, powerful, and passionate young lady who plans to leave her mark in this world. This  young lady has been through a lot but yet she sends out the message of love, acceptance, and change.  She has gain a lot of adoring fans not just because of how beautiful her music is but because she doesn't follow all that PR BS. She speaks straight from the heart.


In her words,  "I do it in a sweet way - but I sing to speak the truth.”said Nneka.


The first day i listen to her music I fell in love with her music, her characteristics as a human being and her message to the world. I mean come on, How can you not love this woman? I believe that her fans are people who have tracked her music, because they demanded for REAL music that does more than just to entertain them, but teaches them a great lesson.  As Nneka said herself, “I do not see myself as a performer but as somebody who shares her heartfeelings with others. I have fortunately, by the grace of God, the opportunity to sing my message to you on your stages. And if the media supports it – fine! This is an advantage for something I feel the world needs.”


Nneka is currently on tour in North America till the end of summer.
To all of my Toronto peeps Check her out at the El Mocambo Club in Toronto Ontario on  August 10, 2010.
To all my DMV peeps Check out Nneka's performance on the Lilith tour at Merriweather Post Pavilion on August 3rd, 2010.
Follow her on Twitter; @NnekaWorld


Watch the video to Nneka's hit Single " Heartbeat" below:

2 comments:

Janye said...

Her Voice is effortlessly beautiful. I love the fact that she kept her African accent.

Larry said...

I love Nneka & if she keeps up at this rate she's gonna change the landscape of music. She's well on her way & I'm looking forward to hearing more from her...Nice post Temi! Miss ya! <3